Working With Newland Homes
Robinson Manufacturing is delighted to be working with Newland Homes, established in 1991, which has built a solid reputation for developing quality homes and enhancing local communities.
The first site we are working with the company on is Pilgrove Way in Cheltenham, a total of 34 plots on the outskirts of the town.
The site is the former Springbank shops, which were derelict. Now with the site demolished and cleared, new housing is underway. The company sites a number of key benefits of the development:
- Re-use and regeneration of brownfield site.
- The sustainable regeneration of an un-used brownfield site.
- Delivery of new homes in a residential area.
- A balanced mix of house size, offering 1, 2 3 & 4 bedroomed homes.
- High quality, well considered design. Focal buildings with a distinctive design, sitting comfortably amongst the surrounding residential area, creating an outward facing, safe and welcoming home environment.
- Homes that achieve excellent standards of insulation and sustainability.
- Enhancement of public routes along Pilgrove Way and Springbank Way.
- Improved surveillance and landscaping of footpath link between Pilgrove Way and Springbank Way, creating a safer and more desirable pedestrian route.
- Increased areas of soft landscaping, enhancing biodiversity through the introduction of gardens, and planting of additional trees and hedges.
- Safeguarding of land to accommodate a potential future bus link. An appropriately sized strip of land will be set aside, should the requirement for a bus link between Pilgrove Way and Springbank Way be required.
- Redevelopment of this brownfield site will relieve pressure on the need to build on greenfield land.
The company has grown from its origins as a small local builder to become a major regional player, with developments stretching across the West and South West. It is responsible for more than 200 projects and has completed over 2,500 homes to date.
Newland Homes has five new sites ready to start and at least six site currently in planning stages.