Robinson Manufacturing approaches timber frames with the same focus on product and service quality as it does with all its timber engineered products. All of our timber kits are designed in-house by our highly qualified and experienced design team, enabling us to provide our clients with rational and cost effective solutions taking into account planning regulations.
Clients range from independent contractors and architects through to national housebuilders. We can step into a project at any stage – rom initial specification to final cranage, and provide the same first class, experienced service to your build.
We employ a full staff – from joiners to crane operators – meaning we can schedule all builds accurately, and manage every aspect centrally, allowing us to be both flexible and reliable, whatever happens, without large negative impacts on costs and schedules.
We also offer the following additional solutions for Timber Frames:
- Complete Supply and Fit packages for windproof and watertight homes; roofs ready for tiling and houses ready for first fixing.
- Cranage using our own fleet of delivery vehicles equipped with their own cranes, improving site safety, flexibility on timings whilst reducing costs
- Treatment to ensure the longevity of all exposed wood products in home building – all structural timbers we use are preserved in accordance with BS 5268 (part 5) code of practice for preservative treatment of structural timber.
- Quality Assurance – with all components of our timber frame buildings manufactured to a high quality and tolerance, in a controlled factory environment, all timbers are kiln dried and treated to protect them from insect attack and decay.
- Kit erection using our patented* “Edge Protection Safety System” which speeds up a build, reduces costs and improves safety on site**
For more information, call us on 01933 279597 or click below to request a quote any timber engineered products today.
Dramatic Build Time Improvements
Using our systems, the erection of a timber frame kit can be started the instant that the concrete ground floor slab is available, reducing initial time to build by at least one week. Once erected, internal follow-on trades can gain access instantly, without having to wait for scaffolding to be removed, saving on average two weeks per house.
This system of erection allows for greater continuity in progressing along the “critical build path” and helps to achieve significant milestones earlier. This results in projects being completed on time, within budget, on shorter timescales and all without compromising health and safety or build quality.
**A recent independent case study of the Edge Protection system by Strathclyde University, found substantial economic savings as well as a work environment that was around 80% safer than traditional timber building erections. The study also highlighted faster build speed and direct environmental benefits from choosing the Edge Protection System over traditional techniques.
*The Edge Protection System disclosed and described herein is the subject of International Patent Application No. PCT/GB2007/004656 (published as WO 2008/068483). Furthermore, components of the Edge Protection System are covered by various domestic and foreign Registered Designs and Design Applications as follows; in EU (715883-0001, 715883-0002, 715883-0003, 715883-0004, 715883-0005), Australia (20563/2007, 20564/2007, 20565/2007, 20566/2007, 20567/2007), Canada (123030, 123028, 123027, 123026, 123029), New Zealand (409961, 409962, 409963, 409964, 409965) and the United States (29/292913, 29/292914, 29/292915, 29/292916, 29/292940).