The structurally engineered timber I Beam joist combines high-grade softwood with an engineered composite panel, and is suitable for both floor and flat roof structures. Robinson Manufacturing is one of the UK’s largest suppliers of I Beams, with production facilities across the country able to supply 40,000 floors per annum. This together with purpose built production equipment and design software, helps us to deliver an unrivalled level of service to our customers.
I Beam joists are used as an innovative alternative to conventional construction timber offering many design and performance advantages.
The lightweight and planed joists are available in lengths up to 12 metres. They provide an excellent strength to weight ratio, are straight and uniform and resist shrinking and warping.
I Beam Joists Key Benefits
- Engineered to give superior strength, yet lighter weight.
- Provides a complete design solution for most types of building application.
- Extremely stable and easier to handle on site.
- Easy to fix and nail into, thus quicker to install.
- Is less prone to splitting and reduces building maintenance.
- NHBC approved for all current building regulations.
- Long spans which lend themselves to flat roof structures.
- Pre-drilled service / MVHR holes are available, eliminating on-site’ knocking through’ which can lead to damage and extra costs.