Careers at Robinson Manufacturing
RML as an Employer
The success of Robinson Manufacturing is built on the trust of our customers and the personal commitment of our outstanding people many of whom have been with us for decades. The dedication of everyone who works at Robinson Manufacturing to customer satisfaction and quality, from design to delivery, is unrivalled People are Key. Our open, helpful approach and strong team ethos have created a hands-on culture where personal pride, loyalty and accountability underpin everything we do.
Robinson Manufacturing and Apprenticeships
Robinson Manufacturing has a very positive approach to apprenticeships and recognises that running a scheme helps create a dedicated, loyal workforce. The majority of apprentices are young school or college leavers, so they have lots of energy to learn the ways of our business as we help them climb the career ladder. Although apprentices may not have any actual workplace experience, we have found that they can offer a fresh perspective and have new ideas, which are just as valuable to a growing business. Young people often have strong technology skills which come from using computers and tools such as social media from an early age, and they can use this knowledge to help us build a competitive advantage.
The leadership team has an important role to play in supporting the design and development of talent management to fit the needs of Robinson Manufacturing. Human Resources also play a critical role in facilitating and maintaining momentum in talent development. Our goal is to provide focus and attention on the four main areas of the talent management loop:
Attracting, developing, managing and evaluating talent
The ability to attract external talent depends upon how potential applicants perceive us, our industry and our values. The creation of an attractive employer brand is an important factor in recruiting external talent and we are proud of recent work to refresh the Robinson Manufacturing brand. Robinson Manufacturing look to develop our talent through many different forms of learning and development initiatives including both informal as well as formal learning. Employees on our talent management programmes value coaching, mentoring and networking as opportunities to improve their effectiveness as well as to develop their own careers. The process of succession planning is paramount and in particular helps us to identify and prepare for future potential leaders to fill key positions, this very strategy is also used when interviewing new talent for Robinson Manufacturing. At Robinson Manufacturing we feel that ultimately, our success is the most effective evaluation of talent management.
To download and read a copy of our Job Applicant Privacy Notice, please click here. To talk to us about any current vacancy, please call us on 01933 279597
Production Operatives Essex, Wellingborough & Wales
Production Operatives Essex, Wellingborough & Wales
Hours: Monday to Friday; 40 per week with overtime available
Production bonus available
Key responsibilities will include:
- Operate production equipment such as mechanical presses, hoists, pneumatic tools, hand tools and wood cutting machines.
- Manual handling of raw wood materials.
- Assembling roof trusses and/or floor joists as part of a production team
- Placing metal reinforcement plates over connecting joints using hammer or mechanical press.
- Monitoring the production process and carrying out basic quality checks.
- Carrying out cleaning and basic maintenance of work areas and machinery.
- Ensuring products are to the correct tolerances and meet customer and internal standards and specifications.
- Banding products together ready for transportation.
- Correctly mark and identify customer details on products.
- Ensuring Health and Safety standards are maintained and recorded through daily checks.
The right candidate will be able to:
- Work across multiple areas of the assembly process.
- Work flexibly as part of a team.
- Work on own initiative when necessary.
- Read and follow written and verbal instructions and work to standards.
- Work to within tight deadlines and with minimum supervision.
- Learn quickly.
- Work with good Manual dexterity.
- Understand production costs to include waste, downtime, scrap, and re-work.
Please email HR@rmuk.co.uk to apply
Site Liaison Manager Wolverhampton / Remote
Site Liaison Manager – Wolverhampton / Remote Working
The role is field based, 40 hours per week and the purpose is to support the customer journey through an active presence at site. Responsible for overseeing the delivery of products for first site and new phase sites as well as managing existing site relationships, the Site Liaison Manager will deal with issue resolution, provide technical support as well as gathering feedback on the level of customer experience delivered and the potential for new business opportunities. Key responsibilities will include:
- Attend new customer sites and new phase sites for first deliveries ensuring the process is effectively managed
- Regularly visit existing sites to ensure customer satisfaction with product and service and gather feedback for continuous improvement
- Record all customer activity to evidence levels of customer engagement and pro-active interactions
- Examine existing site practices in relation to truss/joist storage and ensure the management of these are fit for purpose
- Provide technical advice to on-site trades to ensure appropriate installation of products
The right candidate will:
- Be self-motivated, proactive and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Have the ability to understand, articulate and document customer needs and identify effective solutions
- Have strong interpersonal/relationship management skills
- Be adaptable at dealing with changing priorities and able to prioritise accordingly
- Use initiative to self-assess and identify areas for development
- Have good product knowledge
HGV Class 1 Drivers Wolverhampton
HGV Class 1 Drivers Required – Wolverhampton
Salary – Competitive Rates, minimum contract 40 hours per week with further overtime available
Due to increasing workloads, we are now looking to expand the team and are recruiting HGV class 1 drivers to join us at our site in Wolverhampton, delivering to construction sites.
The ideal candidate will possess a flexible attitude to work, be happy assisting with vehicle loading and unloading and hold a full HGV class 1 or 2 licence, DQC and a Digital Tachograph card. Only HGV category C+E or C drivers will qualify. You must have no more than 6 penalty points for driving offences and no driving bans.