Cala Homes Millbrook Park development, Mill Hill
Robinson Manufacturing has built a longstanding relationships with prestige housebuilder, Cala Homes, and is currently providing a wide range of trusses to its prestigious Millbrook Park development in Mill Hill.
The project requires a high degree of complexity both in design and manufacture – not to mention the size of the development. Our expert design team have worked closely with the client, and the production teams have liaised closely with the client to ensure successful delivery. The challenges included:
- Large variety of trusses consisting of both standard and raised tie trusses.
- Steep pitch and large spans meant very large trusses that all had to fit beneath a 14’7” bridge therefore many sections of the roof were constructed in three parts.
- Turret supporting section was a very complex, requiring trusses to be fitted alongside steels whilst having beams through them as well.
- The actual turret was a very tight radius giving only 50mm gaps between trusses around the centre with very little available tolerance.
- Spandrel panels were used in the end stages of the build as CALA were keen to exploit the time advantage of installation rather than blockwork.
- Worked directly from Architects CAD drawings to ensure accuracy and time saving.
“We’re very pleased to have been able to offer the roof truss solutions Cala Homes needed for this project,” commented Head of Production Mat Harbour: “Matching the technical challenges of builds like this, with features like the turret section in particular, with expert timber engineering solutions has been rewarding for our whole team, and the quality of our drawings has meant very few queries from site.”
To contact Robinson Manufacturing, call 01933 279597.